Providing both Occupational and Physical Therapy Services.
Individualized outpatient treatment programs for adults and children.
- 7500-gallon SwimEx pool
- Variable depths (4-, 5-, and 6-feet)
- Hydraulic lift chair and stairs for pool entry
- Adjustable water current (0-6.5 mph)
- 92-degree water temperature
- Chlorine-based sanitizing system
- Private shower/ locker room
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy:
- Water buoyancy helps protect and support recuperating hips/knees/ankles by decreasing stress on bones and joints.
- Increases strength, flexibility, endurance and power.
- Increases proprioception, balance and coordination.
- Water supports and massages the body as you exercise.
- Improves motivation and relaxation.
- Reduces muscle pain and spasms.
- Can help reduce swelling.
Pool Therapy is Excellent for Persons With:
- Poor tolerance to exercise on land: Weight bearing difficulties due to fracture/sprains, obesity, load-sensitive spinal conditions, arthritis, ligamentous instability, cartilage breakdown, other articular/periarticular conditions, pregnancy, chronic pain, cardiopulmonary deconditioning.
- Postural/Movement Dysfunction related to abnormal muscle holding: Repetitive stress disorders, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, stress-related disorders, and hyper tonicity.
- Severe Weakness: Spinal cord injury, Guillian-Barre syndrome, peripheral nerve injury, muscular dystrophy, post-surgical weakness, severe deconditioning.
- Peripheral edema due to venous or lymphatic insufficiency.