St. Joseph Retirement Community
St. Joseph’s Retirement Community is a non-profit assisted living facility licensed by the State of Nebraska. We provide supportive services combined with private apartments in a warm, home-like setting. At St. Joseph’s, we know with a little help many seniors can maintain an independent and enjoyable lifestyle. We provide weekly housekeeping service, three home-cooked meals day, weekly laundry service and many entertaining activities. Our Resident Care staff is available 24-hours a day and can help with medication administration, bathing and many other personal care services.
St. Joseph’s Retirement Community is situated in the center of West Point, Nebraska. Our handy central location puts St. Joseph’s in walking distance of the library, West Point’s downtown and several churches. We are also located a few blocks from two grade schools and on high school which makes it easy for students to visit our residents several times during the year. Also, St. Joseph’s is located near St. Francis Memorial Hospital and the Dinklage Medical Clinic. We provide transportation at no charge to local healthcare appointments.
We offer 63 apartments in six comfortable styles. Residents bring their own furniture and decorate their apartments with their own treasures. Each apartment is equipped with a Lifeline Emergency Call System for safety and peace of mind. In addition, each apartment has private telephone service and cable television.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee and conversation in our Country Kitchen Activity Room.
- Read several local papers or admire the aviary and aquarium in our beautiful Main Floor Lobby.
- Delight in the lovely gas fireplace and floor-to-ceiling windows located in our third floor Lobby.
- Attend daily Mass or mid-week Protestant Services in our lovely Chapel.
- Enjoy our old-fashioned “Mainstreet” which features a “Goodie Garden”, billiards room, beauty salon and large activity area (perfect for family gatherings).
- Stay Active by using one of four NuStep exercise machines located on each floor.
When you choose St. Joseph’s, you don’t have to worry about a long-term lease or costly buy-in fees. We rent on a month-to-month basis and there are no deposits. Also, St. Joseph’s Retirement Community is Medicaid Waiver Certified in keeping with our mission of providing affordable housing and services for all, regardless of financial status. We are a Catholic-sponsored, non-profit facility which accepts people of all faiths.
To Learn More About St. Joseph’s Retirement Community, call 402-372-3477/ext. 407, or click here to fill out our contact form.
- St. Joseph’s Polar Picnic
Picnics aren’t just for the summer months. St. Joseph’s Retirement Community residents enjoy a polar picnic every January. Grilled hot dogs, homemade potato salad, ice cream bars and no ants make this the best kind of picnic!